Early Bird Swim
Get your lengths in before work! Five lanes open for lane swimming, kiddie pool is open for parent and tots, hot tub access. Diving board is closed during lane swim.
Senior & Leisure Swim
M/W/F: Aquafit class from 12:15-1:00, two lanes open for lane swimming, kiddie pool is open for parent and tots, hot tub access, diving board is closed.
T/Th: Three lanes open for lane swimming, one double lane open for leisure swimming, the kiddie pool is open for parent and tots, the hot tub is open, diving board is closed.
Lane Swim, Parent & Tots
Five lanes open for lane swimming, the kiddie pool is open for parent and tots, access to hot tub. Diving board is closed during lane swim.
Everyone welcome for full pool access including the diving board and hot tub. Mats, basketball hoop, and balls are available for public use.
30 minutes Red Cross lessons one-on-one with an instructor. Great alternative to the morning group lessons, and ideal for adult lessons. Call the pool for availability.
Drop-ins welcome! Low impact, high-energy water exercise to great music with Stephanie.
Drop-ins welcome! The noon class (45 min) involves shallow water exercises. The evening class (1 hour) involves both shallow water and deep water exercises. Both classes incorporate low-impact cardio and strength exercises.
A non-competitive, fitness based lap swimming program. Participants must be able to swim 50m continuously.
10 – 13 years
Waiting to take your next swim or lifesaving course? Register in this excellent hands-on program designed to prepare you for life as an aquatic leader. This program is designed to make aquatic safety fun and enjoyable and incorporates the learning of skills, teamwork, leadership, lifesaving knowledge and swim skill development! This course is recommended for ages 10-13 thinking about taking Bronze Medallion. Pre-requisite is the completion of Swim Kids 10.
4:00 – 5:00pm
Sesion 1: Mon – Fri, July 4 – 15,
Session 2: Mon – Fri, Aug 2 – 12
*no class Aug 1
This course offers skills such as self-rescue, rescue breathing, CPR and rescue of others. You must be 13 years or older to register in this course or have Bronze Star. The Lifesaving Manual is required for this course, please purchase at time of registration or bring a borrowed copy to each class.
Mon – Fri, July 18 – 29
8:30 – 11:00am
$192.75 (Includes manual)
This course builds on the skills learned in Bronze Medallion as well as giving an introduction to advanced rescue and first aid techniques. Bronze Cross is a pre-requisite for all advanced aquatic-training programs, so if you plan to pursue a career in this area, Bronze Cross is the course for you! You must have completed Bronze Medallion to register in this course.
Mon – Fri, Aug 15 – 26
8:30 – 11:00am
Pool Rules and Regulations
All the rules and regulations are clearly posted at the pool in various locations. For everyone’s comfort and safety please obey all the rules at all times.
RULES WORTH REPEATING:
• children seven (7) years and under and any child unable to competently swim one width of the pool MUST be within arm’s reach of a responsible guardian 16 years or older AT ALL TIMES
• shower before entering the pool
• public showers are available during public swim times only
• disposable diapers are not allowed in the pool without snug-fitting plastic pants worn over (available for sale at the pool office)
• patrons with infectious or contagious conditions such as pink-eye, chicken pox, etc. or open sores will not be allowed into the pool
• please listen to the direction of our lifeguards at all times for your own safety and for the safety of others. Those who do not will be asked to leave the pool area
Because of the unpredictable nature of lightning and its often disastrous consequences, the Oliver Community Pool will always adhere to the following safety guidelines as set out by the NATIONAL LIGHTNING SAFETY INSTITUTE.
1. When thunder is heard 30 seconds or less after a flash of lightning is observed, the pool will be cleared. Staff strongly recommends that all patrons remain inside the pool building until the storm subsides.
2. Pool activities shall remain suspended until 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard. There will be no exceptions. It should be noted that storms are erratic and even though it may appear ‘safe’ to resume activity, it is not.
3. Red Cross lessons are also subject to cancellation due to lightning. There will be no reimbursement or rescheduling of the classes that are cancelled.