Pool Rules and Regulations
All the rules and regulations are clearly posted at the pool in various locations. For everyone’s comfort and safety please obey all the rules at all times.
RULES WORTH REPEATING:
• children six (6) years and under and any child unable to competently swim one width of the pool MUST be within arm’s reach of a responsible guardian 16 years or older AT ALL TIMES
• shower before entering the pool
• public showers are available during public swim times only
• disposable diapers are not allowed in the pool without snug-fitting plastic pants worn over (available for sale at the pool office)
• patrons with infectious or contagious conditions such as pink-eye, chicken pox, etc. or open sores will not be allowed into the pool
• please listen to the direction of our lifeguards at all times for your own safety and for the safety of others. Those who do not will be asked to leave the pool area
Because of the unpredictable nature of lightning and its often disastrous consequences, the Oliver Community Pool will always adhere to the following safety guidelines as set out by the NATIONAL LIGHTNING SAFETY INSTITUTE.
1. When thunder is heard 30 seconds or less after a flash of lightning is observed, the pool will be cleared. Staff strongly recommends that all patrons remain inside the pool building until the storm subsides.
2. Pool activities shall remain suspended until 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard. There will be no exceptions. It should be noted that storms are erratic and even though it may appear ‘safe’ to resume activity, it is not.
3. Red Cross lessons are also subject to cancellation due to lightning. There will be no reimbursement or rescheduling of the classes that are cancelled.