Oliver Parks and Recreation Society
The Oliver Parks and Recreation Society believes that recreation encompasses a broad spectrum of activities vital to the development of our community’s character, spirit and culture.
Development of a sense of Community & Development of the Individual. For the same reasons that public education is seen as a service essential to the social framework of society, so should the development of the individual be supported as a socially worthwhile goal. Because the individual’s identification with his/her community environment is important, efforts to foster growth of community character, spirit and culture should also be supported. Both goals exhibit benefit to all citizens of Oliver.
Oliver Parks and Recreation Society Strategic Goals:
- Active Living: Foster active living through recreation.
- Access and Inclusion: Increase inclusion and access to recreation for populations that face constraints to participation.
- Connecting People with Nature: Help people connect to nature through recreation.
- Supportive Environments: Ensure the provision of supportive physical and social environments that encourage participation in recreation and build a strong, caring community.
- Recreation Capacity: Ensure the continued growth and sustainability of the recreation industry and the Oliver Parks and Recreation Society.
OLIVER PARKS AND RECREATION SOCIETY
MONTHLY MEETING DATES
HELD EVERY THIRD MONDAY OF EACH MONTH
6:00PM OLIVER COMMUNITY CENTRE ROOM #1
- Monday Jan 15, 2018
- Monday February 19, 2018
- Monday March 19, 2018
- Monday April 16, 2018
- Tuesday May 22, 2018
- Monday June 18, 2018
- Monday July 16, 2018
- Monday August 20, 2018
- Monday September 17, 2018
- Monday October 15, 2018
- Monday November 19, 2018
- Monday December 17, 2018
The above regular meetings of the OPRS are open to the public to attend. For more information about the Society, meetings or general inquires please contact:
Manager of Parks and Recreation
6359 Park Drive
Oliver, B.C. VOH 1TO